how lfs help
Personalised Coverage Plans:
We believe that one size does not fit all when it comes to car insurance. Our team takes the time to understand your specific requirements and preferences, allowing us to customise coverage plans that align with your budget and provide comprehensive protection. Whether you’re a new driver, a family with multiple vehicles, or an experienced motorist, we have the right insurance options to suit your needs.
Quick and Efficient Claims Handling:
In the unfortunate event of an accident or damage to your vehicle, Lyons Financial Services is here to support you through the claims process. We work closely with insurance companies to provide you with the support you need, helping you get back on the road as quickly as possible.
Competitive Rates and Discounts:
At Lyons Financial Services, we strive to offer motor insurance that provides excellent value for your money. Our team works diligently to find competitive rates from reputable insurance providers, ensuring you receive the most affordable coverage options available. Additionally, we actively seek out discounts and special offers to help you maximize savings without compromising on quality coverage.
Expert Advice and Guidance:
Navigating the complexities of car insurance can be overwhelming. Our team of knowledgeable insurance professionals is always ready to answer your questions, provide expert advice, and guide you through the insurance landscape. Whether you need assistance understanding policy terms, selecting the right coverage options, or making changes to your existing policy, we’re here to help every step of the way.
No one expects to be involved in an accident, But it can happen within seconds, Shock will set in weather its your fault or a third parties, or simply an own accidental damage claim. Any claim big or small, you can follow these steps to get your claims process started:
- Remain as calm as possible, take deep breaths, Its normal to be shaken after an accident.
- Stop the vehicle, Turn off your engine, Apply your hazard lights (Its an offence not to do so)
- If possible & safe to do so, move to the side of the road, or footpath, If your vehicle is causing a Hazard, if safe to do so, move the vehicle to the side of the road
- Check for any injuries to yourself or passengers.
- Share your Name and Address with everyone involved if the accident caused damage or injury.
- Exchange Car Insurance Details with the other drivers. Find out if the driver is the registered owner of the vehicle, (May be a company vehicle)
- Gather Registration Numbers of All Vehicles involved. This is the Most Vital Piece of Information.
- If it’s a minor collision with NO INJURIES, Take Note of the date, Time, Location & Third Party Details, In case the third party attempt to claim for an injury.
- Do not apologise or Admit Responsibility for the accident, until your completely aware of what happened, This can protect you from liability if it wasn’t your fault.
- If anyone is hurt, or the road is blocked, call the guards and an ambulance immediately.
- In the event the Third Party leaves the scene without giving details, Call the Guards
- If you think the Third Party does not have insurance, or is under the influence of drink or drugs, Call the Guards
- If you suspect the accident was caused deliberately from a Third Party, Call the Guards.
- Within 24 Hours of the Accident, Contact the guards to advise them about the accident. If you do not you may be given a fine, Penalty Points, or disqualification from driving.
INFORMATION TO RECORD AT THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT:
- MAKE, MODEL OF VEHICLES, REGISTRATION NUMBERS, & TAKE PHOTOS IF POSSIBLE
- THE TIME AND DATE OF THE ACCIDENT, ALONG WITH THE EXACT LOCATION
- DRIVING CONDITIONS, WEATHER & ROAD QUALITY
- NAME & CONTACT DETAILS FOR ANY WITNESS
- TAKE PICTURES OF THE DAMAGE, THE SCENE & POSITIONS OF VEHICLES INVOLVED,
- IF NO ONE ELSE IS INVOLVED IN THE ACCIDENT, EG: CAUSED DAMAGE TO THE WALL OF A BUILDING, OR A PARKED CAR, LEAVE YOUR DETAILS WITH STAFF OR SECURITY IN THE BUILDING, OR IF A PARKED CAR, LEAVE A NOTE WHERE THE OWNER WILL RECOGNISE SAME.
NOTIFYING YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY:
Please contact your insurance company as soon as possible. You can contact us Monday to Friday between 09.00am – 17.30pm, and we can help you with the process. In the event that the accident is outside of these hours, You can contact your insurance company directly. Please refer to your policy documentation for contact numbers.
If you are not making a claim, You must still let your insurance company know about the accident, As the third party may attempt to make a claim without your knowledge.
There is actually no such term as “Fully Comprehensive Cover”, However it is a commonly used term. Most individuals and policy holders aim to obtain “Fully Comprehensive Cover” as the belief is that you are including every feature and benefit available. A Standard Comprehensive Policy will usually cover all features and benefits of a “Fully” Comprehensive policy. Your adviser will advise you on any optional extras that may not be included and will give you the option to add on any extras not included. Policies usually include no claims bonus protection (Step Back or Full), Windscreen Cover, HomeStart and Roadside Breakdown Assistance and Driving of Other Cars. However this does depend on the selected insurance company and benefits may differ slightly. Call us today for more information.
Personal accident cover is a part of a car insurance policy that compensates you or your family for injuries or death caused by a car accident. If an accident isn’t your fault, the at-fault person’s insurer will pay out for any personal injury claims.
Driving of other cars is a policy extension that allows you to drive someone else’s car, That’s not owned by you, hired or leased to you, or a company car. In most cases this cover is Third Party Only, even if you have comprehensive cover, Your cover for driving another vehicle may still be Third Party Only, Some insurance company’s may offer Comprehensive Driving of other cars. This cover only applies to the Main Driver and not the named drivers of the vehicle. You can find out if you have Driving of other cars on your Certificate of Insurance.
Policyholders and individuals tend to assume Open Drive & Driving of other cars are the same thing. However this is not the case, they are two entirely separate benefits. Open driving usually covers any driver aged 25-70 with a full Irish, UK or EU licence while driving your car with your permission. With open driving there is no need to add named drivers to your policy. Open driving is an optional extra and an additional charge may apply if you want to buy this cover. Driving of other cars is a policy extension that allows you to drive someone else’s car, That’s not owned by you, hired or leased to you, or a company car. In most cases this cover is Third Party Only, even if you have comprehensive cover, Your cover for driving another vehicle may still be Third Party Only, Some insurance company’s may offer Comprehensive Driving of other cars. This cover only applies to the Main Driver and not the named drivers of the vehicle. You can find out if you have Driving of other cars on your Certificate of Insurance.
No Claims Bonus years allow you a discount on your annual premium, In most cases, Years represent a discount, for example: A 1 year no claims bonus can allow a 10% discount, and a 5 Years No Claims Bonus can allow you a 50% or higher depending on the insurance company’s discount scale. Although you may have 10 + or 20 + years No Claims Bonus, we can only allow the maximum discount that the selected insurer will rate on their No Claims Bonus Scale. Call us today for more information.
A policy excess is the part of a claim that is not paid by the insurance company. For example, a total claim for €2,000 is reduced by a €250 excess and €1,750 is paid out
You will find that on the Motor Tax Website, Your insurance broker will not be on the list. Sometimes your insurance company name may not be there either, as it may be the ultimate insurer that are listed. You will find information on your certificate of insurance, or if not, call us at 01 801 5808 and we can help.
To add a driver to your policy, the easiest way is to call us at 01 8015808, Alternatively you can email us the driver details (Name, Date of Birth, Occupation, Licence Type, Country of Licence Issued, Date Licence obtained, and any information regarding claims, convictions, penalty points, medical conditions, disabilities etc) Please note that No Cover is provided until we confirm this with you either over the phone, or via email. This may result in an additional premium.
Changing your vehicle temporarily or permanently will have to be processed with one of our advisers, Call or Email for a call back to change your vehicle. In the event you are changing your vehicle out of hours, Please call us in advance, during business hours to arrange cover for the date & time required.