Laya Healthcare will change a number of prices and benefits on 1 March 2016. Net adult prices will change from -7% to + 11%. A full price template can be found here.
Laya healthcare will carry out benefit changes from 1 March 2016:
1. The Hi-Tech hospital day case excess on Flex 175 Explore will be reduced from €175 to €75.
2. The Private hospital day case excess on Advantage 175 Explore will be reduced from €100 to €75.
3. The Physioline benefit will be extended to the Flex 175 & Advantage 175 Explore products.
4. The Beacon hospital will be removed from the Advantage 175 Explore product.
5. laya healthcare will now include cover for dental x-rays as part of its routine dental benefit.
6. laya healthcare is changing the overseas rule as follows: Your membership of the scheme will end immediately if you stop living in Ireland for a consecutive six month period.
7. laya healthcare will be changing the payment amount with regards to Maternity Consultants. A laya healthcare member will still be entitled to full cover for inpatient delivery costs where the rate has been reduced from €804 to €774. The benefit covers the delivery consultant, anaesthetist, pathology and a paediatric consultation in hospital. While there is a change in the rate, there is no change in the current levels of cover offered to a member.
These changes will apply to all new and renewing customers from this date.
The above information was sourced with the permission of the Health Insurance Authority from their website www.hia.ie. Our thanks to them for their assistance.