With almost 1 in 3 health insurance policies coming up for renewal over the next two months, we at Lyons thought it would be useful to share our top tips for you to consider when choosing a plan that will best meet your needs. Of course, we are always happy to do this for you, remember we’re just a phone call away!
With almost 400 plans in the market, there is a lot of choice, and consumers can certainly find ways to save money. However, it’s important to note that generally cutting costs on your health insurance premium results in a loss of cover, so it’s important you know exactly what you’re insured for. We can really help you here. Our understanding of the different plans available will enable us to discuss the different options in the market for you, and will ensure that you get the best value options available.
But back to those tips! Here are our top five tips for you when reviewing your cover:
- Check that you aren’t over insured – if you have cover you don’t need, you could cut this out to make a saving.
- Decide what your day to day needs are – do you need access to a physiotherapist or consultant visits covered on your plan, or are these options you can live without?
- Consider any changes in the last year – for example if your children are under the age of six, they are now covered for free visits under the extended GP Medical Card scheme.
- Check that hospitals in your locality are covered – as some plans only cover specific hospitals.
- Review your cover each year – what was covered on your policy last year might not suit your current needs.
We will advise you on the best plan for you and your family, looking at the different options available. Those who are on a policy that is not giving them the best value for money can save themselves hundreds of euro a year by shopping around, or better still getting us to shop around on your behalf!
So please give us a call here at Lyons at 01 8015808 and let us find the right plan at the lowest cost for you. We would be delighted to help you.